- Is there a required Admission test? If so, what is considered acceptable?
- What are Hillside's test codes?
- Does Hillside consider and admit repeat grades?
- Do we live too far away to enroll our son as a day student?
- Does Hillside consider mid-year admission?
- Does Hillside offer admission interviews in my area?
- Is financial aid available?
- While Hillside follows a rolling admission process, when is the ideal time to submit an application?
- What are the comprehensive fees outside of tuition?
Hillside does not require standardized testing for 5th and 6th grade applicants, but does ask for WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) results and evaluations if applicable.We require the SSAT, ISEE, or a current WISC for all 7th, 8th and 9th grade applicants. For more information on registration and test dates, please visit the SSAT website or the ISEE website.
Yes, Hillside does consider and admit students interested in repeating a grade. Ultimately, when the entire application is complete and the admission committee has thoroughly reviewed the application, the Director of Admission will deem whether or not a repeat year is necessary. Hillside typically does not consider 9th grade applicants who reach 16 years old before the start of their senior year.
The admission team endeavors to travel to as many appropriate foreign and domestic locations as possible throughout the year. Please click here for an up-to-date look at projected appearances at various fairs, receptions, and conferences. We strongly encourage all applicants and families to visit and tour Hillside’s campus; however, those who are unable to do so are encouraged to contact the admission office to schedule a Skype interview.
Yes, financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated financial need by the family. Hillside requires all families interested in financial aid to complete an online PFS (Parents’ Financial Statement) through SSS (School and Student Services) at http://sss.nais.org/.