Administrative Assistant – Admission and Enrollment
Description: Provides administrative support to the Admission Department. This position involves a heavy volume of email and telephone contact and demands a high level of professionalism, public relations and computer literacy, as well as the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner. The position requires a self-starter who takes initiative and has the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal direction.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent office experience, experience as an administrative assistant, excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, experience with admission software, proficiency with MS Office and Google suite.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as primary contact for the Office of Admission for prospective families; provide information and supporting documents to prospective families regarding all aspects of the Admission cycle from inquiry to enrollment. Respond to telephone and email contact from inquiring and current families and consultants. Screen and forward calls to appropriate admission officer.
- Oversee the creation of admission folders and documents received by mail and from online application sources, including materials sent by consultants and organizations. Help families complete admission files, taking appropriate steps to facilitate applicant folder completion. Continually reviewing application folders for completeness.
- Update and maintain admission and enrollment reports, both independently and as requested by the Director.
- Manage the Admission office calendar and schedule visits by prospective families.
- Use Admission Office software (specifically Blackbaud) to manage inquiry, enrollment and student data along with financial aid applications.
- Monitor and keep record of incoming and outgoing enrollment contracts for both returning and new students, working closely with the Business Office. Generate proper enrollment and financial aid forms and prepare enrollment packages.
- Create invitation lists for and serve as the lead contact for all on-campus Admission events including Open Houses, admission visit days, new student events, and Registration Day.
- Assist incoming international students with documents related to visa acquisition.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Head for Enrollment, and Head of School.
Interested candidates should direct a cover letter and resume to Sean Hayes, Director of Admission & Financial Aid at email@example.com.
To be considered for future positions, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Hillside School, an all-boys junior boarding school, was founded in 1901 and is situated on 150 scenic acres in Marlborough, Massachusetts. We serve 150 Fourth to Ninth Grade boys from around the globe and offer a wide range of challenging academics, arts and athletic programs, and a working farm.