2018–2019 Hillside School Quick Facts sheet.
- Founded in 1901 by sisters Charlotte and Mary Drinkwater in Greenwich, MA.
- Relocated to its present location in Marlborough, MA in 1927.
- Ed Chase was appointed Hillside’s tenth headmaster in October, 2015.
Facilities and Grounds
- 150 acres of land
- Full working farm and greenhouse
- Six dormitories, and housing for faculty and staff
Student to faculty ratio is 7:1
Foreign languages offered: Mandarin, French, Spanish
Faculty32 faculty members
In addition to working in the classroom, faculty members serve as coaches, dorm parents, advisors, role models and mentors.
Tutorials taught by certified learning specialists are offered in: Language Arts, Math, Social Skills, and Organization.
The iLab program offering 3D printing, coding and programing basics, laser cutting, robotics, and more. A project-based, hands on learning environment.
60% Boarding / 40% Day
14 states and 13 foreign countries represented
- 7 – Day Boarding $57,400
- 7 – Day Boarding (International) $60,700
- 5 – Day Boarding $50,800
- Day Student $33,600
Compassion, Determination, Honesty, Respect, and Brotherhood