- Founded in 1901 by sisters Charlotte and Mary Drinkwater in Greenwich, MA.
- Relocated to its present location in Marlborough, MA in 1927.
- Ed Chase was appointed Hillside’s tenth headmaster in October, 2015.
Facilities and Grounds
- 150 acres of land
- Full working farm and greenhouse
- Six dormitories, and housing for faculty and staff
Class size: 10
Student to faculty ratio is 4:1
Foreign languages offered: Mandarin, French, Spanish
32 faculty members
In addition to working in the classroom, faculty members serve as coaches, dorm parents, advisors, role models and mentors.
Class size: 2-4 students
Tutorials taught by certified learning specialists are offered in: Executive Function, Math, Social Skills and Foundations of Language.
The iLab program offering 3D printing, coding and programming basics, laser cutting, robotics, and more. A project-based, hands on learning environment.
Recent graduates have gone on to schools such as Phillips Andover, Phillips Exeter, St. Paul's, Choate, Williston, Berkshire, Winchendon, Dublin, Lawrence Academy, New Hampton School, Kimball Union Academy, and St. Mark’s.
First Round Applications due December 15, 2023. Applications accepted throughout the year depending on space and availability.
60% Boarding / 40% Day
14 states and 13 foreign countries represented
- 7 – Day Boarding $63,300
- 7 – Day Boarding (International) $68,300
- 5 – Day Boarding $54,200
- Day Student $36,300
* other mandatory fees not included
20 activities/athletics during the year including soccer, basketball, tennis, lacrosse, baseball, drama and band. The New England Sports Center serves as our home ice for our hockey program.
Compassion, Determination, Honesty, Respect, and Brotherhood
Hillside is proud to be a member of these leading independent school organizations: